Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bullshit Detected

Today was the first day of my new job.  How did it go?  [Thank you for asking.]  It went really well!  It was much like the first day of school, where I spent most of my time getting acquainted with others, familiarizing myself with my surroundings, and setting up my desk/office.  I brought all of my items over from my former department last Friday, and I left the boxes in a back office of my new department.

This morning, I fetched the boxes and brought them to my office to unpack.  One item in particular...

You can already see where this is going


...was gifted to me by a physician for whom I used to work.  He said that I probably needed it more than he did [questionable], but I was happy to have it in case of an emergency.  When the occasion arises, you can simply push the bullshit button, and one of five zesty phrases get yelled by an official-sounding male voice.

This morning, while I was carrying one box down the hall [which I had forgotten contained the above button], some items must have shifted and the office echoed with, "BULLSHIT DETECTED!  TAKE PRECAUTION!"

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment